The survey will be used to gather data from various classes of people on campus, including students, staff, and faculty members. The knowledge obtained will be used for an anthropology class project at Foothill College that will explore the idea of equality and student performance. Questionnaires would be used to gather data. The knowledge gained from this survey can be used to support veterans and new students who are enrolled at Foothill College.
Questionnaires may be used to conduct the sample. Participants must complete a questionnaire that will last at least 10 minutes. The test user will take notes or record the participant’s responses. The survey will consist of ten questions. Basically, the survey aims at collecting information about the studying difficulties that the minority groups encounter in foothill College in their learning. The target populations for this survey include the Latino, African American, whites Asian and Filipino. These groups of people are the target population since they form the minority population in the College
In each of the following questions respond with the answer that you fell is most appropriate. Circle the best fit answer using a pencil.
1). In your own words define the concept of ‘student success’ as understood in Foothill College
2). In your opinion what are the priorities that dictate the definitions of ‘student success’ in the Foothill College? (circle all relevant priorities)
b) Year of study
c) course being studied
3). In your opinion does the student definition of ‘student success differ from that of other stake holders? YES/ NO
If yes explain how?
4) what factors would you say account for the differences in definitions?
5) Do you feel that the cultural definitions of success impact your ability to be successful (refer to the states definition of success) YES / NO
If yes explain how?
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————6) What is the gender representation of the population in Foothill college (circle one)
Fair ratio of male to female
Males are the majority of population
Female are the majority of population
7) Which of the racial group is a minority group in Foothill College
8) What is your age bracket?
Up to 18 years
23- 26 years
27 years and above
9) Give one reason why you chose to enroll at Foothill College
Answer if comfortable otherwise leave blank
10) What is your race?
11) In your opinion, does your race affect how long you will take to graduate? YES/NO
12) What unique personal experience(s) shape your student experiences at Foothill?
13) Have you ever sought services of Student Support?
14) To what extent was the Student Support Services Effective?
15) How did you come to learn about the Student Support Services?
16) Do you know anyone (other than yourself) who has sought the Student Support Services?
17) How long do you expect to be at Foothill before graduating? (answer in years)
18) What barriers do you face in your course completion? (Name two)
19) In your opinion, how would you best fight these barriers?