LinkedIn is the greatest professional website in the world with half a billion users spread across more than 200 countries worldwide. Linkedin aims to create economic opportunities for its users via ongoing improvement in various components of the world. The mission of the company is to unite the world’s professionals through a particular goal and explore their talents to end up more prolific and fruitful. The Linkedin website was launched in 2003 through Reid Hoffman. Currently, the company’s CEO is Jeff Weiner who heads a team of managers from various corporations inclusive of Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, PayPal, Electronic Arts as well as TiVo. In December 2016, Microsoft Inc. attained LinkedIn. The attainment was a critical move towards linking its cloud to one of the leading specialized networks. LinkedIn areas of specialization are business search, proficient online systems, marketing, professional identity, address book, people search, and jobs.
The company shapes labor in different but significant as witnessed when users enjoy marketing via learning instincts (Elad, 2016). The site current aim is to frame professional energy issues so that its members can get everything they want from the company. Increasing employment opportunities is another objective of the organization.
Part B Answers
1. LinkedIn shapes professional labor by setting minimum requirements for job application. The standards laid down must be met through work experience and education. Additionally, the company makes employment more competitive.
2. The site helps people find jobs without letting employers see the personal identity.
3. LinkedIn is an intentional website because it saves companies a lot of time allowing set up interviews in person if they do like the prospective employee’s profile.
4. A misconception it perpetuates is that management does not care about a workers’ individuality. The idea is wrong because LinkedIn does not measure one’s personality but only display their credentials.
5. LinkedIn is for both employed and unemployed people.
6. If one has skills and experience people are looking for, employers can contact them.
In the Five Frames dominated by the Media, Christopher Martin gives an example of the workplace cultures which lead to the success of an organization. He indicates that the media has been using the five frames that it uses in consumer orientation. The successful strategies led to the labor strikes in the United States in the 1990s. On the other hand, meritocracy is a concept used in business to meet its targets. The norms and strategies of an institution are what experts termed as the meritocracy. LinkedIn has been using selection criterion which has allowed employers to get the best labor force in the market. The idea of posting the job seekers’ credentials without identifying their names or gender has been effective in selecting the best candidates in the market.
Some institution use propaganda to influence the majority of the population’s decision. The media is an important component of communication but it can be misused to achieve certain targets. The application can be compared to situations in which the elite members of the public are used to determine the decision of other members of the public. Majority of propaganda operations follow a tactical transmission mechanism when instructing the target group. According to Noam Chomsky, the purpose of communication is to shape acuity, right behavior as well as influence cognition (Elad, 2016). The process appeals discrimination when the audience is mistreated or forced to believe that it is morally superior or worth the price.
Elad, J. (2016). LinkedIn. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.